Friday 19 July 2013

My tryst with the Luxury Labels!!!

I have always been a keen observer (if not always a blind follower) of Fashion and Trends! I love  extravagancy, beauty and magnificence...and it's needless to say that I find utmost comfort in turning over the glossy pages of Vogue and Elle every now and then ;-) and lose myself in the dreamworld of labels!!! The ever famous Blair Waldorf (of my favourite TV Series Gossip Girl) once said, " Those who say money can't buy happiness did not know where to shop!!!"..I did not believe her...trust me...until the other day I glanced through some of the top International Fashion Magazines in my library! (oh my!)...and pondered over her thought...well ;-)...

   

How much I am awed by the amazing photoshoots on those magazines...the models holding up the products or wearing them, their face exuding pride and gratification. Their skinny sculpted built, complemented with perfectly done make-up radiate vanity and persuasion. And boy! Am I impressed? Those models make me wanna shun pizzas and chocolates forever! Looking at those mesmerizing photographs, I can feel the touch of a designer leather or a rub of cashmere against my skin...aaahhmmazzingg! The World of Luxury labels seems like a glimpse of heaven, the models, angel in disguise...beseeching me with all its grandeur and ardour ...ooooooo!!! Sometimes to me, these magazines become a source of deriving utmost comfort during times of leisure, disappointment and mood swings and make me wonder, how many months of salary would I have to save to afford a pair of Fendi stilettoes or a Chanel Handbag!!!...Hmm...well...let's not go there ;-)
                     

I remember my first luxury buy...a 50ml  Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue which I had bought with my first salary. I had longed to buy it for at least 2 years before the tiny bottle of elixir landed in my palms. It's strange that such a small glass bottle could change your life for good and take your world by storm! In three days I had become the most famous girl in office and had already inspired a handful others to buy it!!! Oohhh la la!

But many a times, like many of you I have had to tussle with the pronunciation of some of the International Brands and boy! I have been utmost conscious while articulating them (at times I have googled, checked the phonetics and practiced articulation in the bathroom mirror early morning;-))... I mean how on earth would I know that the Italian brand BVLGARI was actually pronounced as bull-ga-ree!!!! I remember the very first International Brand I got acquainted with was Louis Vuitton but I never knew how one could pronounce it until I started watching Star World! ;-) Similarly, I mean how could you ever imagine that Yves Saint Laurent should be said as Eve - son- lo-ron !!!! Even worse is Dolce & Gabbana...I'd rather say D&G instead of Dolchee -ey -Gab -bana ! Poof!!!! Dear Italians, what have we ever done?? And even if you think you have heard the word Chanel, beware, it is pronounced not how you think but Sha-nell !!! Oh Dear God!!!

Have you ever seen those pwetty little red apple like perfume bottles lined in the Shopper Stop stores? Well...those Nina Riccis are amazing fragrance...the first time I had seen them, I could never muster up the courage and walk upto the seller, coz I feared that I will be made fun of if I did not pronounce the name correctly...sigh!


But that hardly discourages me anymore...In my secret notebook, I do have the pronunciation written down for some of these fashion brands for my reference. Sharing my little secret with you...lol! Check them out! U'd thank me...won't you? ;-)

Breguet - Brey-gay
Boglioli - Boh-lee-oh-lee
Calvin Klein - Cow-in Kly-in
Cerruti - Sheyrootee
Dior - Dee-or
Givenchy - Zhee-vah-shee
Gucci - Goo-chee
Hermes - Er-mez
Lacoste - Luh-cost
Longines  - Lawn- jeans
Louis Vuitton - Loo- ee, Vee -tou
Paco Rabbane - Puh-co-ruh-bon
Roberto Cavalli - Row-bear-toe. Ka-volley
Versace - Ver - satchey

     
So here's to all you wee-bit materialistic people and brand slaves out there...my content is dedicated to you guys! The next time you wanna shop, or maybe window shop or simply chit-chat about the Luxury Labels, pronouncing them correctly should be the last worry on your mind!!! So common people...be impulsive, love brands and shop till you drop!!! After all, we'd rather like to see our money safe in our closets infront of our eyes rather than keeping them in the bank!!!  Don't we? ;-)
Happiness & Shopping!!!...Bliss...


1 comment:

Thank You For Your Comment.
Please share the page with your friends.
Have a Lovely Day