Thursday 7 November 2013

Is it November already ??

This morning I woke up to the sound of lights and decors being removed and dismantled from the roads outside my house...The season of festivals is finally over... & a bolt of a thought struck me...The year is coming to an end! OMG!!! It seems just a few months ago that 2013 came by...

With the year end sniffing close, I look back and think...What have I accomplished in all these months? My stomach churns...and I scratch my ear! Come next year, I become an year older...damn! Mum would again start complaining about how I am not seriously considering marriage and how I am not saving money year after year!!!

I sit up straight and review the New Year Resolutions chart in my room. I half smirk, half sigh! Some of my resolutions already have a smiley alongside, a few others are on their way to be smiled upon but there are a few which, down these months, I have somehow unconsciously lost hope on!!!

I reflect upon 2013...Well!...so far this year has been good to me! I have become the proud owner of a Master's Degree in English. I had been away from studies for a couple of years and thought I would never be able to make my way back to academics but yay! I not only managed to top my college but also secured a position in the University (some self- advertisement there, Lol! but I'm too happy! What can I say?). I have joined a gym and have given a better life to my body and metabolism (Bless meh!) And I have a driving license now! ;-)

I have made a lovely bunch of  friends with whom I enjoy chai on the roads, go on long drives and try out new eateries all over the city! I have spent blissful hours reading and have developed a profound love for Blogging! I'm a proud Blogger now...:-) ( Hell yeah!!!!)

Of course there were lows. I lost a close relative and went at loggerheads with one of my closest friends! I could not fare very well in a competitive exam and found myself sulking for a really long time thereafter!

And finally...after much perseverance I have managed to exercise strong control over my temper and have not, even for once this year, resorted to slapping anybody on the roads on grounds of misconduct or misbehavior! Instead, I have dealt with such situations in a stern, calm and composed manner. I've become more matured and wise!!!....

There there!!!...Haven't I got you into a self-appraisal mode? Tell me you are not weighing your realizations against the otherwise? OK...I'll let you ponder over for a minute...


No matter how you fared...Know this...

A New Year encourages hope for a better life, to make all wrong things go right...and to get, give and share happiness!

So gear up! Don't huff about what happened and what did not...Make a note of all your achievements, big & small and don't forget to include every little thing you did for yourself and others! I'm sure you will have loads of reasons to smile and be proud of !

Come on there now! Winter is here...Christmas is around the corner...Pull your Tuxes and your LBDs out...Let the Champagne spill! It's not the end, it's time for a new beginning...Time for Celebrations people!!!

#Ecstasy




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment.
Please share the page with your friends.
Have a Lovely Day